Newbie after an a6

Tom2741

Hi all,

My names Tom. I've been a bit of a jap geek since I started driving, always having civic's etc, and now a pretty sorted evo.

My current daily grind is an old school diesel golf estate. It has done me proud over the last few years but I've decided that once I get home from my current tour of duty in the middle east it's time for it to retire.

To that end the mrs and I set some criteria for the next car. It had to be an estate (to fit our huge German Shepherd in), deisel, fairly luxurious and to have a towing capacity high enough to tow our evo to tracks around the coutry.

Only 2 cars really fitted the bill,being the bmw 5 series and the a6. Every review I read generally says the a6 is good but the 5 series is nicer to drive. However, we both prefer the look of the audi,so when I was on R&R a few weeks ago I booked a test drive at our local audi garage. We both agreed that we would be more than happy with the way the a6 drove so it's decided.

Now, coming from a jap background I havn't really a clue what I'm looking at when buying a german car. Sooo, any buying advise on an a6 avant 3.0tdi quattro would be much appretiated.

Tom

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi look at the road tax can cost you £495 on some, Great car tho i have a 2.0 tdi chipped cheap tax Well cheaper.Some 3.0 Q tdi  are cheaper on road tax depends on the year and date when made.I look at the bmw but the A6 looked so much better and i have a dog that goes in the back too and he love's it and he is 50 kgs.