Front wipers won’t work

My Audi A6 2008 has recently be showing up wipers defective whenever I turned the car on but would quickly go off and the wipers would work as normal this went on for about two months until they fineally stopped working altogether . After about two weeks of them not working altogether they came on randomly at one point and jammed themselves down under the bonnet of the car after this they have never came back on .. I have replaced the linkage , the motor (multiple motors) the wiper control module and the wiper arm stalk inside the car and still cannot get my wipers to work I plugged it into the computer and it’s not showing any problems . Every wire and relay possible has been checked .. It seems the wipers have put them into service mode and won’t take themselves out of it , I’ve tried manually resetting the wipers but she just puts herself back into service and won’t seem to come out . I’m at my wits end trying to figure this problem out if anyone has encountered anything like this it would be a great help if you could point me in the right direction 

• 2 weeks later...

Posted (edited)

I had a similar problem where the front wipers would only work when the car was moving, rear wiper nothing and high beam not functioning (high beam flash would though)

thought the bonnet switch lock but wasn’t that 

After checking fuses found no power before one fuse forget exactly which one. So fed power via another and everything worked fine (still has fuse protection)

So in my case must be a wiring fault somewhere.

Edited by Gregp
  • Like 1