Wet front door sills - A6Allroad 2012

We are on to our third A6 Allroad - great cars but not flawless:
Shockingly poor main beam strength (non xenon of course). And we have wet door sills - is there a cure for this?

Try osram night breaker bulbs. 

Wet on the inside I'm assuming? 

If so I'd check that the rest of the carpets aren't wet. Then I'd check the scuttle panel where the battery is for blocked water drains at the bottom of the battery tray. Also check if water is getting in via the pollen filter housing. 

Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me . . . No wetness inside, only door sill itself where the logos are.  Osram Night Breaker 200 or the LED variant?  Similar specs but a huge difference in cost.

I think if you fit lled ones you'll.enf up throwing up a bulb out warning as LEDs draw less power than normal bulbs. 

16 hours ago, Steve Q said:

I think if you fit lled ones you'll.enf up throwing up a bulb out warning as LEDs draw less power than normal bulbs. 

Yup - that is a constant thread when the LED discussions come up; some cars don't "mind" them.   I will start with the ONB 200 and report back.