More BHP and Torque

mark

Whilst the 245BHP Q7 is no slouch, adding another 50Hp and 120NM of torque will certainly improve it further.

Having had plug and play tuning boxes on lots of previous vehicles i wanted one for the Q7.

I have only bought ones from Diesel Tuning UK and have been very pleased with them.

I had one on my 2.0Tdi TT so i sent the box back to Andrew at DTUK and had the correct maps put on the unit and a new wiring harness provided to match the Q7

Fitting it is simple and requires no tools what so ever. Simply pop the bonnet and remove the top engine cover/cowl.

The quality wiring harness is easy to fit making two connections; one onto the fuel rail and the other on to the boost controller.

The unit has 4 different maps with each of them being adjustable between -30% and +30%.

Maximum claimed bhp is 295 and 670NM.

As the maps produce more power at lower RPM fuel consumption gains can be had as the engine can change gear at lower RPM.

Ive had the box on for a week or so now and tried a couple of the maps. One thing i noticed on the Q7 was the lack of throttle response, this is improved when in sport mode however fitting the tuning box has sharpened up the throttle response further. Power and performance is now unbelievable for such a heavy car. The rear tyres are struggling for grip in the dry and the quattro system has its work cut out keeping things in check.

I can highly recommend these tuning boxes which can be used on a variety of cars unlike remaps.

The box i am currently using has been on 3 cars now so value for money is good.

Take a look and read for yourself http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/audi-diesel-tuning.html

• 9 months later...

Hi,

i would be keen to know a little more. I have had two A8's 4.2 TDI, and i have recently part ex'd my 2011 Merc C63 AMG for a Q7 which i love, and obviously didnt buy it for its on track performance!

I currently get around 28 mpg on a run (double the C63!), so it would be nice to get a few more, and also improve the initial pick up. Do you know the difference in price for a remap v's a tuning box? do you ever change the set up? if so, why?

sorry for so many questions - i usually buy before asking and end up losing money!!! 

Thanks

I would definitely go with a remap rather than a tuning box. A tuning box is just something that fits 'in between' and messes with the signals sent. A remap is where the map on the actual ECU is changed for a new one and it does not require any physical modification. As long as you get it done by somebody reputable then this is definitely the way to go  :)​ 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I remember having one of them boxes for bmw at the time connectors weren't the best ,me personally would get remap ,plus isn't your insurance void if they haven't been told

• 1 year later...

best thing to do is to go and see a reputable diesel tuner for a CUSTOM map. please do not go for a generic map as these are written as a blanket and each engine is different. Coming from prior knowledge of owning high performance motors i have seen so many horror stories of tuning boxes and generic "flash" maps. fuelling and timing is never spot on on these maps and often causes horrific engine failure. 

• Like 1