bluetooth and mmi upgrade

vw754

1st of all,my sony phone dont link up with bluetooth,i dont know if it should or not,does the q7 only link the original phone? it has some cradle in the car but no phone,thort i could just link mine.....? yes/no ?

4220 is my sw version on mmi .........ive seen some cd that upgrades it to 5 point something or other on e-bay (genuine audi cd's) is it worth doing?  someone sort of scared me saying,it might set of componenet protection or currup then im in deep trouble?

From what I know you should be able to link it up. My thought on this is that the Bluetooth is throwing it out of sync as I've had similar issues with Bluetooth devices in the past. The Q7 should have a display showing which device is paired up at that time. Pair the two devices and then select in the car which device you want to use.

If this doesn't work then come back post again and we'll try something else. But I think this is the problem.

Glen.

From what I know you should be able to link it up. My thought on this is that the Bluetooth is throwing it out of sync as I've had similar issues with Bluetooth devices in the past. The Q7 should have a display showing which device is paired up at that time. Pair the two devices and then select in the car which device you want to use.

If this doesn't work then come back post again and we'll try something else. But I think this is the problem.

Glen.

Thanks glen when i try to pair up it dont see my phone and vice versa,if i can remember it says bt phone not found,thats it.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive updated mmi to 5570, using all 3 cd's still cant connect my phone,it says phone not connected or installed something along them lines,ive got tech pak,visiblity pack and communications pack so defo got bluetooth,when i set bluetooth on my phone to find devices it dont find the audi,ive got ignition on aswell...........any ideas?  vcds dont show any faults with phone after doing a full scan