looking for my first q7 a few questions please?

themd

hello,

i fell in love with my brothers tt convertible recently, but having a family a dog and a twin axel caravan one is out the question!!! lol

hence me looking at the q7 a real tool as far as i can see, i would be looking around the £20/22k mark wich brings me round the 50kmiles mark plus or minus, are they really reliable guys? more reliable than range rover sports? anyone had both who can comment?

also i read on another website they get through tyre x4 every 9000 miles? is this true? i do 20k a year so i dont like that idea?.

all replies greatly recieved

kind regards.

Mine has shredded two rear tyres in 4000 miles. I do have a tuning box on it so power is nearly 300hp so as 60% of the power goes to the rear thats understandable.

With everyday driving i would have thought that 15K miles from a set would be normal

There is also a software update available for the suspension on older Q7's to help reduce tyre wear slightly.  However, such a heavy car will wear tyres, it's inevitable.

Tech

• 4 months later...

Had my 3ltr 2006 Q7 for a year now and had 4 new tyres fitted as part of the deal.. 12 months on and 12,000 miles these tyres still look new with very little wear and i'm more than pleased with the fronts.. most of the time i'm sane and steady.. then I get onto the A686 from Penrith over the Pennines ... a red mist comes down .. supension goes Dynamic & Gearbox in Sport mode and for the next hour at least i'm in heaven.. so moral of the story is don't let the tyre horror stories put you off .. it'll never beat my GTR but trust me this is a great motor :P