q7 wheel shaking

vw754

Had my wheel balancing done today,dont know what machine they used,one wheel took 105 gram weight the other 20gram,one wheel came off machine reading 005 the other 000.........still got the issue though,i get steering shake .....you can just feel the shaking starting at 57mph and at 60 i can see the steering shaking,id say its bad at 60 mph then it dont disappear until i hit 90-92 mph. 22" wheels i have........285 35 22's

also car very slightly wonder towards left..........but ive got diff pattern tyres on all round all have 6-7mm of tread. thats another issue though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say the wandering was due to either the camber of the road or your tracking is off.  It would be worth checking the tread depth across the entire width of the tread of each tyre.  If it's the same all across, the tracking is OK.  If it's wearing unevenly, it could be tracking or wrong inflation pressure.

The wheel wobble is usually due to imbalance.  I'd get it checked again at the same place and get the boss of the tyre depot to come for a test drive, so you can demonstrate the shake.  If they cannot fix it, get a refund and go somewhere else, because clearly either their equipment or their technique isn't working properly.

I'd say the wandering was due to either the camber of the road or your tracking is off.  It would be worth checking the tread depth across the entire width of the tread of each tyre.  If it's the same all across, the tracking is OK.  If it's wearing unevenly, it could be tracking or wrong inflation pressure.

The wheel wobble is usually due to imbalance.  I'd get it checked again at the same place and get the boss of the tyre depot to come for a test drive, so you can demonstrate the shake.  If they cannot fix it, get a refund and go somewhere else, because clearly either their equipment or their technique isn't working properly.

shaking is wheels,both front very little buckles,gone better but not 100% new tyres were fitted 2 weeks prior zto purchasing the car,but all tyre patterns are similar but not same,maybe that could cause it as its a quattro and im sure all 4 should be same,pressure is 45 psi all round 285 35 22's

Ah, you didn't mention the buckled alloys in your original post.  If the wheels are not round, this will contribute to unbalanced forces at high speeds.  I'd get those replaced ASAP, especially as the Q7 is such a heavy car, putting high loads on the wheels.  You risk sudden deflation of the tyre if the metal fails in the buckled area.

Ah, you didn't mention the buckled alloys in your original post.  If the wheels are not round, this will contribute to unbalanced forces at high speeds.  I'd get those replaced ASAP, especially as the Q7 is such a heavy car, putting high loads on the wheels.  You risk sudden deflation of the tyre if the metal fails in the buckled area.

only found out when had em balanced,but guy said there very minimal.........seen worse