Hi

gunny110

Hi all, my name is Craig and i am looking at buying my 1st Audi. I am in the Army and currently im based in Tidworth. However my home town is Truro, Cornwall. I currently have a 1.8 mk1.5 focus. It must have a hole in the bottom of the fuel tank, all this car seems to do is drink fuel lol. So i have decided, its time for a dirty diesel, and my choice is the b5 1.9 tdi. I have seen some reviews on the web about them, and they seem to have mixed views. Any advice would be gretly aprieciated as i dont really no alot about diesels. I am looking at spending between 800-1200 for one, and it has to be black lol. However the ones i look at have high milage. Is 130000 concidered low for a tdi? hope to speak to some of you soon, and il post up pics when i actually get one :p

f.bmp

Hi Craig, welcome to the forum.

I was involved with the H4H redevelopment of Tedworth House and had the pleasure of meeting Glyn Parry and his wife early on in the project. Only went there a couple of times, nice part of the country.

I believe the 1.9 engine is ok and fairly bullet proof subject to being looked after and serviced.

I am sure Tech will be along to offer some advice.