A5 coupe inf

Turle

afer a long time ( 30+ years) of having Volvo's as my daily driver I am seriously looking at trading up to an

A5 coupe.As an OAP I should probably be looking at a Micra and flat cap but but I think I have one more  

proper car left and it should be something not boring.

The Mercedes C class coupe costs silly money,I drive within the speed limits and try to be courteous to other road users so all the BMW's are out,what's left is an A5 or an Alfa  Brera , no brainer is it .

I think I will try a diesel even though I don't do a lot of miles now and the Audi oil burners seem to get good reviews.

However, I don't want to be bothered with DPF problems so my question is : do the A5 coupe diesel engines have any history of DPF problems ?

Thanks for reading and any inf appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hi there sorry for the delayed hello!  :)

Did you purchase an A5 in the end?

Most modern diesels can have issues with things such as DPFs but this is a lot more common when the car does fewer miles. It can help to take the car for a good run once a week or so and make sure you get it hot and use the rev range fully!

thanks and hello.

All the the feedback I have been getting agrees with you that all modern diesels suffer from DPF problems unless thay have at least one long run at least once a week.This will be difficult for me as I only tend to do short journey stuff ( ie a couple of miles ) these days and am not inclined to go out and burn up the M4 once a week  just to clean the DPF out.

So I'm pondering at the moment over a petrol version.

I have also seen some adverts by people who will remove the DPF  and that is something I am going to look into, can't help feeling

this could lead to other problems.

More than likely it is going to be petrol version and next month is when the best deals are to be had so will  probably start looking seriously in about 6 weeks .  

If your're only doing a couple of miles per trip then I would say the petrol version would be the one to get. Don't forget most of the time the petrol versions are cheaper so you will either be able to save a bit of money or get a better specification car for the same price. Always a bonus  :)