Service Indicator! Please Help

ADSAFZAL

Hi

My 2008 Audi A4 (B8) 2.0 TDI (170 BHP) is indicating that the next service is due in 7600 miles/5
days. However when I view the Service interval display it states Next oil change in 7600 miles/431 days.

I have owned the car since August 2013. It was last serviced 17/01/2013 and had its timing belt and water pump changed 22/08/2013.

Can anyone help explain this discrepancy? Should the car require a service so soon? I have added pics for illustration.

Thanks

post-2038-0-52651600-1384108907_thumb.jp

post-2038-0-16853900-1384108923_thumb.jp

Hi,

I would think the car would be set to long life service intervals with long life oil in use. Normal oil will not maintain its quality for the amount of time that Audi need it to so the oil is designed to slowly burn off and the car can be kept topped up with relatively fresh oil (or at least partially). Not sure on the discrepancy with the days but I would normally recommend an oil change at least once a year regardless of what the manufacturer says or how many miles it's done. I would say regular oil changes are the single most important aspect of car maintenance.