Hello lads and lasses

TehFatGuy

Hi guys, I'm TehFatGuy and I live in Birmingham UK, soon to be the proud owner of a 2001 Audi A3 1.8t

Plan on doing some mods to it so I'll be asking a few questions from time to time (hopefully won't get too annoying!)

I'll be sure to post a picture of the car when I get it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe not, but the very people that frequent this place all clealry have necks like sticks of rock with "Audi" written through.

So that's the impression one gets , very biased comments generally , I seem to a be loan voice that dares to critise !

And also it not exactly a hive of activity is it 

Maybe not, but the very people that frequent this place all clealry have necks like sticks of rock with "Audi" written through.

So that's the impression one gets , very biased comments generally , I seem to a be loan voice that dares to critise !

And also it not exactly a hive of activity is it 

LOL, my neck had "Ford" written through it until last year, when I had had enough of the dealer's inability to fix the incoming damp and the rattling sunroof in my Mondeo and his comment "Sunroofs rattle" put the cap on it.  So I looked for a car with lower depreciation, better build quality and levels of options and acceleration, and this Audi fitted the bill.  

My Audi has clearly been far better to me than yours has to you, which is why we have not always agreed about these cars.  So I don't consider my opinion biased, just based on a better experience of my current car.  Also, there could be a difference of expectations based on previous cars.  My last car, a Mondeo, had its headlamp level adjustment control hidden behind the steering wheel exactly as in my A3 and your A4, so to me it is just a "ho hum" factor, rather than the reason for elevated blood pressure.  (I have to admit that I sometimes dim the dash lights instead of lowering the headlights.  The Ford dash light dimmer control operates from left to right, so Audi certainly could learn from that.)  But I don't consider this a reason to condemn the ergonomics of everything else in the A3.

And before anyone sneers at Mondeos, I suggest they actually drive one, because most who try them actually come away impressed.