Has my timing belt been fitted incorrectly

mcfc1880

I have a 2.0 se non turbo with 54k miles. I decided idea to have the cambelt and water pump changed and had a local independent do it for me. Now upon collecting the car after work I noticed straight away it had a slight vibration when idle and my heater wasn't blowing warm, the heater started blowing warm after a mile of driving. Next morning I rang the garage and they told me they would have a look at it, so I left it with them for the day and collected it after work again. Still vibrating at idle and they assured me there cambelt etc is all spot on and gave me a print out of VCDS measuring blocks which shown 6.8 BTDC ignition timing angle and no faults on the diagnostics. I told them ok but the thing is it didn't run a bit rough before the new belt and now it does, I was told it's probably a plug or coil as the coils are aftermarket and not bosh beru or oem etc. I could understand this as I'd Googled the symptoms of this and it seemed plausible..I had full service done with no change, so had all coils changed and had it checked for airleaks, still vibrates at idle. It's an intermittent slight wobble of the engine you can feel it through the seats and I also feel it doesn't accelerate the same and sometimes it will hesitate for a fraction of a second when you put your foot down. Hopefully someone is a bit clued upon here as it's doing my head in....

Seems a little strange that it only happened since the timing belt was changed. The only thing I can think is that the timing is just a tiny bit out?