Advice needed please

NickB

Evening all

This is my 1st post on your forum. Nice to meet you all. I'm looking at an A6 on eBay see below link. I've read all the work it's had done on it. Looks ok to me but I've read horror stories about parts breaking!! I'd love a reliable car and I love the shape of this one. If anyone could give me any thoughfs/feedback on this car I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Nick

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182611257459

Welcome to the forum Nick :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

i have to say it does look good on paper. Good miles, good spec and full Audi history. This is good as you can ring Audi to check to see what it has had done :)

oh and having the fuel mass flywheel isn't cheap I can assure you! 

As with anything you'll only know what it's like when you drive it. If you do go and view and drive it, ask the seller if he would be happy for you to have an AA or RAC inspection to be carried out. If he is reluctant or refuses then you have to wonder what he has to hide! 

I would suspect the cambelt has been changed by now due to age rather than mileage but it's worth checking to see if Audi have this on their system.

Also when driving check to make sure the gears change smoothly. But obviously he has already changed one of the expensive parts-the fuel mass flywheel. But make sure you see proof of this. 

Also make sure all electronic items work as they should as some of them can be costly to replace or repair. 

For what it's worth it does look in good condition but obviously don't always take it on face value. 

Hope iv helped and hope iv not told you how to suck eggs! 

Cheers

steve :) 

• Like 1