Hi Friends Please help me

nizamuk

Hi

I am a new member ,i would like to hear some tips and suggestions of which car to go for ? I m in look out to buy a Audi Q3 or Q5 but not sure which one to go for , Defenitly not buying diesel as we do shorts trips daily so worried about DPF ,So can you guys suggest which one to go for and what engine model will give good fuel consumption like that , Looking forward to hear from you guys 

Welcome to the forum :)

Youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

Both are nice but it depends how much space you need. For example the Q5 is more suited for families whereas if you live on your own the Q3 would probs be better. And if it were me which ever one you choose, don't go for SE spec as they can be a bit Spartan. 

Also if you are picking one that's over 5 years old with 50,000 miles plus then check to see if the cambelt and water pump have been cheanged as it probably now due. check the service history. Also check to see the condition of the tyres as the Quattro system is very sensitive and can be damaged by tyres that have uneven tyre treads/depths. 

Hope iv helped :)

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks you very much for your reply , what is Spartan means ? sorry for my little english knowledge, i was reading the what car reviews as they were recommending the SE ones over S line ,What Is the major difference also i will be looking to buy one which is 2012 or 2013 models as 2014 is a bit expensive for me ,do you know since when the facelift model come out as they say need to buy post facelift as there was some issues with automatic gear box before ,also would like to buy petrol q5 as this is for a family , can you shed some light on fuel consumption on 2 tfsi petrol engines and also the repair cost service cost like that sorry i am asking a bit too much as a beginner here got no knowledge of Audi ,

Your welcome:) 

dont worry not a problem. Spartan means not a lot of equipment. S Line has more equipment :) 

yes there can be issues with the auto gearbox but as long as it's been regularly serviced it should be ok :) 

furl consumption wise i suspect you'll average around 30mpg but not sure for certain. 

dont worry there is no such thing as a stupid question and we all have to learn somewhere! ;) 

cheers

steve 

Hi all I'm a new owner of an Audi A4 avant 2.0ltr 2010 plate but feel I brought a bad one here on every time the car is stationary it revs and like it's wanting to cut out I've changed air mass sensor as heard it could be that Ive had a smoke test and no pipes blowed really struggling to figure this problem out I have to over rev it to get it moving otherwise it will stall I don't want to be spending loads of money if it's something simple to fix please can anyone help me??????

4 hours ago, Matty84 said:

Hi all I'm a new owner of an Audi A4 avant 2.0ltr 2010 plate but feel I brought a bad one here on every time the car is stationary it revs and like it's wanting to cut out I've changed air mass sensor as heard it could be that Ive had a smoke test and no pipes blowed really struggling to figure this problem out I have to over rev it to get it moving otherwise it will stall I don't want to be spending loads of money if it's something simple to fix please can anyone help me??????

Welcome to the forum Matty.

you would be better to start a new thread to get more responses. Include mileage and angina type etc, the more info the better.

• 1 month later...

Hi

sorry to be a pain again , if i buy a 2.0 tdi audi q5 but doing town driving mostly will the dpf self regeneration help to clear the dpf and also if i take it to the motorway once in a month will that be enough to clear the dpf , Also regarding tyres how expensive are the tyres ,also any other expensive part i have to be aware of as i am only a postman and not a rich person both me and my wife works full time middle class family ,so bit worries about maintenance costs and things to watch out for before i buy as i dont want to commit any mistakes ,

I prefer a tfsi but wife says diesel will be ok as long as take it to the motorway once a month and also using shell fuel  V power diesel.

Please shed some light on this please.......