A4 Avant rear wiper

Tackleberry

The rear wiper on 2008 A4 Avant doesn’t work but sometimes when you turn the ignition on it wipes then doesn’t work again!!

The screen wash doesn’t work in the rear either so is it an easy fix to do?

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar issue with mine, I take it your front washer jets are working? If so the rear jets are likely blocked. If you take off the cover at the base of the wiper there a a little black twin jet that just pulls off. Try the rear washer with it off, the fluid will go about four or five foot. If that works the jets are blocked, I used a bristle from an old wire brush to unblock mine but new can be bought relatively cheap on eBay or such sites. 

As for the wiper itself the motor could be on it's way out, new of these again are on eBay for about £35. I replaced mine in March, it was easy enough with a bit of patience. There's four t20 torx screws to remove from the inner boot liner (2 in the 'hand grips' and 2 where the emergency triangle is stored) a bit of force to pull the liner out, being careful not to lose the little metal clips and the wiper motor is there. You'll need to take the wiper arm off from the outside off the boot before taking the wiper motor out. 

Hope this helps

John 

• 1 month later...

Hi Tackleberry

Rear Wipers can be a nightmare!

A pin is often your best friend with the water jet, before you fork out for a new motor.

Here are links to our removal videos if you didn't get lucky!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNQyllvy4SQ#action=share

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppSE7JnhAfc#action=share

Total Technik