*Newbie help* Passenger door

D88A6

Hey guys new too all this audi business last week test drove an A6 S Line and loved the feel and comfort so went back and bought it a week later. But when i got it home my girlfriend went too open the passenger door and the door wouldnt open so i opened it from the inside and she shut it and it opend fine. Did our thing and was all ok until i lock it from inside or with the keys. Once locked for awhile the door goes back too not opening until i open from the inside again then it works ok again. Any info or help on this guys maybe the cause or the cure would be awesome. 

Thanks guys.

also looked in the system and made sure the settings said that when i open the car with the key it opens all. 

Welcome to the forum Damon, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

If it were me I'd be taking it back to the dealer where I bought it for them to investigate. They should do a diagnostic check to see what fault codes flag up. 

It could be the door lock mechanism or even the central locking module as a worse case scenario.

Sorry I can't help more. 

Cheers

Steve

Hi and yea thanks buddy first time i used any forum been reading a few things about my car nice info on here! 

And was private mate >< all worked ok till day after buying obviously he unloced before we got there :( 

2 hours ago, D88A6 said:

Hi and yea thanks buddy first time i used any forum been reading a few things about my car nice info on here! 

And was private mate >< all worked ok till day after buying obviously he unloced before we got there :( 

Thanks for the kind comments :) we do try and provide useful info and all the members will.help you where they can :) 

Ah ok. Well It'll definitely be worth.you getting a diagnostic check carried out to see what fault codes get flagged up. This will help narrow down what the issue is. You'll be looking approx £60 for a diagnostic check. 

In light of the age of the car and if you take it to audi, they may be able to offer some form of factory good will on the cost of what ever is wrong. I hope that makes sense. Audi will also do a free vehicle health check. 

Hope I've helped

Cheers :) 

Steve

12 minutes ago, D88A6 said:

Cheers steve ill go too my local audi dealers and see what they say mate thanks alot! Not found anything online about it so thought id check 

thanks

damon

You're welcome, glad I could help :) sorry I couldn't help more though. I know my a6 is alot older than yours but when I had issues with my central locking I had an auto electrician have a look and they found that the drivers door mechanism needed fixing. I then found out that the drivers door mechanism controls the rest of the central locking system. This also applies to other Audi models but unsure if it applies to the c7. It cost me £120 to fix the issue. 

As I say though, and in my opinion it could be the drivers door lock, passenger door lock or the central locking module. 

Cheers

Steve

15 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

You're welcome, glad I could help :) sorry I couldn't help more though. I know my a6 is alot older than yours but when I had issues with my central locking I had an auto electrician have a look and they found that the drivers door mechanism needed fixing. I then found out that the drivers door mechanism controls the rest of the central locking system. This also applies to other Audi models but unsure if it applies to the c7. It cost me £120 to fix the issue. 

As I say though, and in my opinion it could be the drivers door lock, passenger door lock or the central locking module. 

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for that buddy ill get it checked but atm cause i dont use the door its not bothering me ha but the girlfriend well she will not take it long xD specialy in this lovely cold english weather! 

But 120£ dosnt seem all that bad i was thinking more hha! 

Another little question timing belt how much miles u think till change? 

Heard 75k 114k 140k haha

thanks 

damon

10 hours ago, D88A6 said:

Thanks for that buddy ill get it checked but atm cause i dont use the door its not bothering me ha but the girlfriend well she will not take it long xD specialy in this lovely cold english weather! 

But 120£ dosnt seem all that bad i was thinking more hha! 

Another little question timing belt how much miles u think till change? 

Heard 75k 114k 140k haha

thanks 

damon

You're welcome, glad I could help :) 

What engine do you have Damon? 

Cheers

Steve

Hi Damon,

sorry to hear your having issues. Timing belt changes are 5 years or 60k miles whichever is sooner. Audi do a fixed price for the belts or you could shop around of course. Regards the dealer price you can go onto the Audi website and input your car reg to give all common prices of work carried out, i.e. Service, belt change, brake pads ect. 

1 hour ago, Adbro said:

Hi Damon,

sorry to hear your having issues. Timing belt changes are 5 years or 60k miles whichever is sooner. Audi do a fixed price for the belts or you could shop around of course. Regards the dealer price you can go onto the Audi website and input your car reg to give all common prices of work carried out, i.e. Service, belt change, brake pads ect. 

Ouch guess ill have too save quick and get one done! At 83k and no record of a change 

2 hours ago, D88A6 said:

Ouch guess ill have too save quick and get one done! At 83k and no record of a change 

Better to get it done to be on the safe side. As Adam has said though, Audi dealers can do it at a fixed price and it's definitely worth ringing around your local.dealers to see who can do it cheaper :) it'll be a cambelt and water pump change. 

Cheers

Steve

1 hour ago, Steve Q said:

Better to get it done to be on the safe side. As Adam has said though, Audi dealers can do it at a fixed price and it's definitely worth ringing around your local.dealers to see who can do it cheaper :) it'll be a cambelt and water pump change. 

Cheers

Steve

Ahh yes Steve thanks for the reminder.

Always best to change water pump when cambelt is changed. This is at a extra cost of course. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, D88A6 said:

Nice thanks guys door can wait ill try get the belt and pump sorted 

Well if you get the cambelt and water pump carried out at Audi, you might be able to bag a free diagnostic check ;) if you don't ask you don't get. As I say, there might be some  factory good will.on.the door  component that has failed as it shouldn't have failed so soon. They'll do a free vehicle health check as well.

Cheers

Steve