Front windows

Mark74

I need some help my front windows have stopped working on my 2003 Audi everything else works on the drivers door which included mirrors and central locking button I’ve checked the loom and it’s all ok and have continuity in loom  have substituted the switch and it still doesn’t work and help would be grateful 

Hello Mark,

Sorry to hear of your issue. What is the cause??, but logic would suggest it isn't the motors since it would be unlikely the two window motors would be suspect at the same time. 

Possible relay?? What I would say is that a straightforward continuity test can be meaningful, but it simply relies on a very low voltage supply. Measuring actual voltages is far more meaningful and it might be worth checking that. The driver's door is the main controller and of course is the door most often used, and the flexible harness into it can become brittle over time. Some of the harness wires may be virtually broken, but still satisfy a continuity test. 

If it were mine, I would be investing in the services of an auto electrician for an hour to fault find this, and then you could carry out the repair yourself if you want to save some funds.

Good luck and kind regards,

Gareth.