De-cat for 1.9

Michaelk97

Hi all,

just wonderin if this is the correct de-cat down pipe for a 1.9tdi 115bhp (2008)? 

https://m.ebay.ie/itm/Downpipe-Decat-Stainless-Steel-AUDI-A4-1-9-2-0-tdi-PD-DPF-B7-FWD-QUATTRO-05-08-/201891249446

I wasn't aware there was any sensors fixed to the downpipe on these but then again I'm a new owner. 

Any help appreciated thanks 

Welcome to the forum Michael, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

You'll have a lambda sensor on the exhaust system to help the car monitor the emissions. This could be affected if you have a decat. 

I see you live in Ireland and I'm assuming you live in the republic of Ireland in which case this won't apply, but.....

If you live in the UK there are now stricter mot regulations regarding emissions which come into force in May. 

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve! 

What are the two probes for? Do you know if these cars are a 2 piece downpipe or a single piece? I had a 2004 a4 before this and it was a single pipe with no sensors so that's why I'm confused! 

Thanks for the quick reply 

The lambda sensor monitors the oxygen in the emissions and relays this info back to the ecu and thus it helps with the running of the engine. Normally when a lambda sensor fails you'll find that the car may loose power, go into limp mode or just have an engine management light on the dash. The engine management light on the dash would also be an MOT failure on the new rules. 

I'm unsure about the down pipe to be honest but I suspect it's a single pipe.

Cheers

Steve