how change ajustable suspension

westy87

hi, had my q7 couple year and always seen the icon in dashboard screen where says mu car is set at level 3 out of 5 for ride height,  but read my manual and says click car on mmi but there not 1 thing in there about adjustment or even close,. but why is it saying im at level 3 on screen if cant move it up or down 

its 2007 Audi Q7

The icon in the middle of speedo and rev counter is just for info. Press the button on the underside of the right hand stalk to change to range, mpg, speed etc. Press car on the centre console then on the big mmi screen you should see a picture of your car with an arrow highlighting which ride setting it’s on. Scroll using the mmi knob to which height you want then press the knob to select. Please note the car should be running and the door closed otherwise it will grey the icons out so you can’t select. Lift can’t be accessed if your moving at faster than walking pace and off-road will lower itself to comfort when you are going fast.

hi thanks for the reply but when I go to car on mmi while pulled up doors shut,  I don't get the option in there to ajust , yeah no its just for display on dash but 100% not in menu hers list

central locking
exterior lighting
service interval display
vechile id number
windows
windscreen wipes 

thats all I getting that comes up in menu

Your pressing the settings button/option and going to far into it. All you have to do is say for example you have pressed the radio button on the centre console it will have a red light next to that button and the mmi display on the centre console will display the radio stations. Press the car button once on the centre console to the left of the gear selector. The mmi display above the centre console should now show you a big picture of a q7. To the left of that q7 it will have 5 blocks. Some of those blocks will be solid orange. That’s what height the suspension is at that moment. To the right of the picture you will have 5 options in a semi circle (dynamic, automatic, comfort, off-road and lift which are equal to the blocks on the other side. Don’t press any other buttons on the centre console. You change it’s height by turning the mmi knob on the centre console. You should see a small arrow next to the picture of the q7 move when you turn this knob. When the arrow is pointing to the height you want press the same mmi knob down that you used to move the arrow. The car should then start to raise/lower to what you selected. If all your options ie off-road, comfort etc are grey in colour when the engine is running and the doors are closed then you have a fault on the suspension but this would put a orange or green warning light on the dash board that you would of noticed.

settings button/option to much?I press it once and get this

central locking
exterior lighting
service interval display
vechile id number
windows
windscreen wipes 

1 click the red light comes up side of the mmi button and this only option get, ive clicked loads cant get the  q7 get up on mmi screen but th screen in middle steering wheel it comes up with pic of the height of the car

• 3 weeks later...

My air suspension has collapsed at the front only. My drivers pack is minus the ops book but I couldn't get any further than the OP. Anyone able to give me a heads up on what might be the best diagnosis?

Mine did something similar earlier in the year. It was parked on the drive fine but levelled itself as it aims down slightly. When I reversed it off the drive the whole suspension dropped to the bump stops and the green and orange suspension light started flashing like crazy. It wouldn’t raise at all and the compressor kept cutting off due to overheating. I had the car on a ramp and checked everything to eliminate the problem and finally came to the conclusion that it was either the pump or the valve connector block that is situated just behind the compressor. I was 90% sure it was the valve but could only find a place in Germany that did them other than audi and couldn’t wait for one to be shipped over so booked the car in for a diagnostic at audi for £70. Then on the morning it was due to go in I got in the car and the suspension lights were on the dash to say it was trying to pump up then after 30 seconds the car was back to normal height and working fine again so cancelled the appointment. My mate thought it might of been moisture in the air lines and when the car tried to release pressure to level the car when coming off the drive had frozen the valve open ( it was a very cold morning). Have you tried jacking one front corner of the car up at a time when the compressor is on to see if it raises the other side. This should help diagnose a leaking airbag. If the other side raises up to normal height squirt soapy water around the bag and strut. You shouldn’t see and bubbling. The compressor and valve are located under the drivers floor behind a plastic cover and are only accessible from under the car. 🤔 oddly a few weeks ago my wife went to the supermarket and reversed onto a high kerb on a bit of a funny angle that made the car lower itself on all four corners to the bump stops on the way home. When she got back I looked at it and all the mmi selections were greyed out. Turned the car off and brought the shopping in and left it for ten mins and when I came back out to it it was back up again. It seemed to not be able to understand the difference in height on one wheel so reset itself to go again. Do you have any warning lights on the dash?

Nose down, with amber and green light flashing. No sound of a pump going under the car. Rear is fine. I hope it isn't raining at the week as I'll have a grovel underneath to check about!