Purchase Apprehension.

Deme

Hi,

Basically ive always loved the look of the A7. I am not a car head but appreciate a nice car when i see it so im in the market to buy one. I am looking at 2016 Ultra model with 40-50,000 miles on it as for me that is enough. Im not overly fussed on all the bells and whistles so the base model is fine. 

Anyway i have been looking round the forum and i have to say im beginning to think another car might be the better choice. I know its a forum and its a place to find information on car problems but it is genuinely making me think twice incase i end up with a donkey.

My problem being that i will be buying in the UK and taking it back to Ireland and i don't wanna land back in Ireland with warning lights everywhere all over the dash. 

The coolant problem going into the plug thing and causing problems, is this only on certain models or on all etc?

As i said i am not a car head and im just looking for some " ive never had an issue" stories to build some confidence.

Surely the topics on the forum are in the minority rather than the majority?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Derek,

I own a 2015 3.0 V6 Diesel A7 and have been absolutely delighted with it and not had a single thing go wrong. Great car - probably the best car I have ever owned !

Good luck if you do decide to but one.  I do also think the forums give a somewhat distorted view of things .....  people only write when there are problems , and tend not to say anything when everything is ok ..

• 8 months later...