Reliability

Hardhat

As a new Audi owner it would be nice to know what you guys think of the Audi reliability and dealers service/repair quality?

after 8 years of having Kia's as company cars doing 30k miles a year it was great to find out i was getting a Audi as my next car. 6 weeks later and 4500 miles and its devastating to have it once again going back to the garage. 

it arrived filthy inside and out, covered in moss where it had been sat almost 1 year at the dealers yard. The MMi arrived faulty  with the dashboard lit like a christmas tree with fault lights.

3 days at the dealers for a repair+clean and the MMi was fixed but tyre pressure light was on when the car arrived back and it was still filthy. 5 week waiting list for the local dealer to take a look and after a full day in the garage it came out with the fault light back on but apparently had a corrosive alternator changed. 

not what i expected at all as the kia's only ever seen a dealer for a service never failed once. Kind of took the shine off the car but its still an outstanding car. 

interested to see if its an unlucky car/bad dealers or something i need to come to expect for the next few years. 

Hello Tony,

Many thanks for being in touch and sharing your unfortunate experiences. 

I could be wrong, but this smacks for shoddy dealings with the leading company, rather than an inherent broad-brush-Audi issue. 

The explanation may go along these lines :- Your company contacts the leading company to supply you with a ‘certain type’ of car within a stipulated budget. The leading company may well have used Kia in the past since they were good value for money. Now? - good cars, but not as competitively priced as they were, so they cast the new further and find a good deal on an ‘over stocked’ stuck-in-the-compound A4, which the dealer has been unable to find a buyer for. Dealer offers it to the leasing company at a knock down price (loss?) - dealer doesn’t care what it’s like, so it’s up to the leasing company to try to present it at its best. They don’t care either, since it’s only going on lease. Outcome? - you are left with a non typical Audi car, which is ‘given’ to you, so you have little clout in all of this. 

I can only wish you well Tony, and as daft as it may sound, I would be hoping the situation deteriorates to a point where they offer you an alternative car. 

Perhaps you could keep us up to date on developments.

Kind regards,

Gareth.