Aftermarket stereo issues.

Mazzone10

Hi all, 

First time posting on here, so thanks for having me. 

I've acquired a 2006 Audi A3 and wanted to add an aftermarket stereo. It is an Alpine unit that I've had for a few years and has been pulled from my mini. 

The unit I removed was the standard Audi symphony. 

I have two issues:

The first one is that I seem to have little power from the rear speakers. At first I had no sound at all but I hadn't connected the wire that powers the amp. I finally how sound but a low output, far less than the front. 

Overall due to the above the sound is flat and disappointing. When I had the Alpine unit in the mini it sounded great, so I'm sure it's something I need to tweak. 

The second issue is the radio connection. The car seems to have two ariel connectors, an ISO and Fakra. No matter which one I use I can't pick up any stations on any frequency. 

If anyone can help it would be great. I've exhausted the Halfords staff who just seem to guess and sell me different cables. 

Cheers

Mark. 

• 1 month later...

I'm taking it that your car doesn't have Bose..

I found the best way is to connect the positive rear speaker wires from your head unit to rear speakers then the negative side of your speakers connect straight to ground and don't connect the negative from your head unit rear speakers to anything. 

leaves the audio well balanced from front to rear.