MMI/ Dashboard Upgrade

Smiggs92

Hi, first post on here and I apologise if this has been asked before. I've just picked up a 2018 A6 Black Edition and I'm looking to upgrade the MMI to use Android Auto at the least. The current set up seems to be quite dated, the screen on my dash is black and white, and my MMI screen is the same as what was in my old 2012 A1. Has anyone ever had this upgraded or know anywhere that do it? I don't necessarily want to go all the way with Virtual Cockpit, but the larger colour screen on the dash and an MMI that I can use Android auto would be ideal if possible! Cheers.

• 6 months later...

Did you ever get a response to this? I spotted two that I've been looking at and am not sure which to go for. 

https://www.incarmusic.co.uk/wireless-apple-carplay-android-auto-retrofit-kit-audi-a4-a5-b8.html

https://www.incarmusic.co.uk/10-25-big-screen-android-10-car-multimedia-stereo-gps-navigation-radio-player-for-audi-a4-a5-2008-2016.html

1st one seems to be the kit to use the original head unit, adding touch screen somehow?, and adding Car Play / Android Auto. 

2nd one is a full new head unit which, whilst it looks good, is 3rd party and isn't exactly in keeping with the rest of the car. 

Anyone had any experience with these or similar that they could recommend? 

Pete

On 6/14/2021 at 10:22 PM, Smiggs92 said:

Hi, first post on here and I apologise if this has been asked before. I've just picked up a 2018 A6 Black Edition and I'm looking to upgrade the MMI to use Android Auto at the least. The current set up seems to be quite dated, the screen on my dash is black and white, and my MMI screen is the same as what was in my old 2012 A1. Has anyone ever had this upgraded or know anywhere that do it? I don't necessarily want to go all the way with Virtual Cockpit, but the larger colour screen on the dash and an MMI that I can use Android auto would be ideal if possible! Cheers.

did you ever sort this out? 

https://www.digital-eliteboard.com/threads/audi-vw-skoda-seat-porsche-m-i-b-more-incredible-bash-mhi2-q-vim-ifs-root-patcher-gem-enabler.494886/

Will be installing this or something very similar onto my 2016 A6 Avant in the coming days, some good useful info out there.

Edit: before installing anything like the link i've posted, do your research. Ensure your software versions are correct to the required installation or you could potentially face "bricking" your MMI.

Edited by n5_