Is the problem a faulty injector? Please help

mikeb3

Hi, I'm new here and could really do with some help. I have an Audi A4 B8 2.0 tdi 2009. The car started to blow out quite a bit white smoke from the exhaust about 3 days ago, it still seemed to run ok but the smoke has now seemed to have got a bit thicker and also a bit of engine shake on start up and sometimes a bit of a clicking noise when revving and also a bit of a misfire. There are no warning lights on the dash. I had the breakdown company out yesterday and he seemed to think it was a faulty injector. I also had a mechanic do a scan this morning and it came up with these results....

Cyl 1 Injection quality variation value (mg/stroke)  -2.52

Cyl 2 Injection quality variation value (mg/stroke)   0.39

Cly 3 Injection quality variation value (mg/stroke)   1.09

Cyl 4 Injection quality variation value (mg/stroke)   1.01

So am i right in thinking that Cyl 1 injector is faulty as the mechanic didn't seem to know a lot about diesel injectors

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by mikeb3

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. You have to change or refurbish the injectors. Had the same problem. 

I recommend that you change or refurbish all of the injectors, so you won't have any problems afterwards.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, and thank you for the informative video. I'm hoping you can give me some insight into a problem I am having with my 2015 ford flex limited. For the last couple of months my flex has developed a stutter between 25 to 45 miles mph. I can see the tach jumping during this stutter.