A4 B8.5 Front wing protector part number required please

Darryl

Hi, my daughter recently bought a 2009 Audi A4 Avant and it has the beginnings of the all too common corrosion on the bottom of the front wings.

I'm led to believe that an additional piece of plastic trim was introduced on later models and this fits over the bottom few inches of the leading edge section of the front wings and offers protection against rust forming through chips etc.

Ideally i would like to get a pair of these if they are not horrendously expensive and fit them once i've properly dealt with the corrosion that is already there.

Is anyone aware of these trims and more to the point is anyone able to provide a part number?

It seems incredible that this is such a common issue on these cars when they are supposed to be a premium brand.........😒

Thanks in advance Darryl

Edited by Darryl

8 hours ago, Darryl said:

Hi, my daughter recently bought a 2009 Audi A4 Avant and it has the beginnings of the all too common corrosion on the bottom of the front wings.

I'm led to believe that an additional piece of plastic trim was introduced on later models and this fits over the bottom few inches of the leading edge section of the front wings and offers protection against rust forming through chips etc.

Ideally i would like to get a pair of these if they are not horrendously expensive and fit them once i've properly dealt with the corrosion that is already there.

Is anyone aware of these trims and more to the point is anyone able to provide a part number?

It seems incredible that this is such a common issue on these cars when they are supposed to be a premium brand.........😒

Thanks in advance Darryl

Hi Darryl,

I recently bought a set of front mudflaps and those pieces came with them. I don't think you can buy them separately?

10 hours ago, Audi_luvva said:

Hi Darryl,

I recently bought a set of front mudflaps and those pieces came with them. I don't think you can buy them separately?

Brilliant, can you give me the approximate cost and possibly a part number?

Were these from Audi or aftermarket?

Thanks , Darryl

8 minutes ago, Darryl said:

Brilliant, can you give me the approximate cost and possibly a part number?

Were these from Audi or aftermarket?

Thanks , Darryl

Hi, they from Audi parts direct:

https://www.audipartsdirect.co.uk/a4/2008-2015-8k/exterior-protection/

Check which front spat you need.

For my particular vehicle, I needed the part:

https://www.audipartsdirect.co.uk/product/audi-a4-front-mud-flaps-2012-onwards-8k0075111a

If that's the one you need then OK, but if you need the different version, maybe ask if the extensions come with those as well?

Edited by Audi_luvva
additional info