Buying an intake manifold 2.0 tfsi

Tomc123

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new intake manifold (U.K.) can anyone recommend where to buy from? I’ve seen some good prices on AUTODOC but also seen very bad reviews.

what do you recommend? 

best regards

Tom

My reason for buying new is because my current one is faulty, and it’s quite a bit of effort to change it, as it’s a common fault my thinking is there’s a reasonably high chance of the 2nd hand one from a breaker also being faulty.

id get my money back if it was faulty, but it would take me getting it on and fitted to know this.

Hi I'm new here so this is my first post.

You could try these guys: https://pmgtechnik.com/en. Refurbished items so a compromise between new and from a breaker. Its a part exchange scheme. Although they are not based in the UK they took care of all the packaging and shipping arrangements. I have used them before for an inlet manifold on a BMW I previously owned (Yes I know, never again!). The part that came was like new. It came with new seals and other components had also been replaced with new bits. They even modified the original design by welding in place the screws used to retain the swirl flaps so they wouldn't shake loose. (A known fault with this design, as I said, never again), so more reliable than if I'd bought new.    

3 hours ago, Glyn Allroad B8.5 said:

You could try these guys: https://pmgtechnik.com/en. Refurbished items so a compromise between new and from a breaker. Its a part exchange scheme.

I never knew such refurbishment was possible. At 180 Euros that has got be a bargain.

9 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

Fair enough Tom. What is this common fault that I am not aware of?

So it’s a common fault on the 2.0 tsi engines only, the description for the fault is runner flap position sensor signal implausible. The reality is it could be a number of things on a poorly designed intake manifold that can go wrong and give this fault. I have bought a new intake manifold today for about £120 & also a set of injector seals and the tool to replace them. I’m hoping to repurpose a shot blaster and 3d print a nozzle for it to use walnut shell to clean my intake valves whilst in there