suspension creak

mhaque

Hi everyone. im new to this forum and have an issue with my suspension on my audi a5 2014 model black edition sportback

recently about a week ago iv had a creaking sound from my driver side suspension. the creak sound only happens when i turn the wheel left on a standstill. when sitting in the car windows shut, i can hear it creaking and when i open the window i can hear it behind the driver side wheel near the lower control arms. iv had the banana shaped control arm changed a few months back so its not that arm. iv had the car checked out by a mechanic and all seems ok. no play in the ball joints or bushes. car still handles tight. as mentioned the creaking sound only happens on a standstill when turning left (thats when i can see the right corner of the going down as I turn the wheel left), so could it be top mounts or the lower control arm (the straight one with a ball joint). or could it be the tie rod ball joint. iv sprayed everything with silicone spray but creak is still there. I took it to another mechanic and he said theres play in the steering rack shaft where it connects to the U joint (find this hard to believe as it handles nice and tight). any help or advice will be appreciated 

Hello Mohammed, 

Bit late now, but I used ATF ( automatic transmission fluid) fir spraying over squeaky joints not silicone spray. Probably too late to overspray it now, since the silicone will prevent absorption of the ATF. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth. Do you still think i can get away with spraying some ATF on the joints. i just did a trip from Birmingham to Northampton and handled brilliant, but as soon as i got to a standstill i can hear the creak when i move the steering left. its like an old door creaking if that makes sense. i feel the creak through the steering wheel itself too. could it be the steering shaft U joint that may need lubricating? 

Hi Gareth

as im doing more driving, i feel its from the top mounts. I can reverse back on a full lock and i can hear it from the top end. 

im just going to let it get worse then change really appreciate your input tho. il keep u posted

• Like 1