A6 Avant parcel shelf issue

Abaudi162

Hi folks just joined here hello to all. So I've recently bought an a6 sline avant 162 reg and parcel shelf pops back up when boot lid closing it's doesn't stay going down and also when I do it manually it's just baout stays down unless brake hard for some reason or on a rough road it just pops back up I have noticed it seems to be missing a clip on the left there is one on the right.. I know there was previous post I saw but I could not find it to comment so hope ye don't mind me making a new topic for it... Any advice or tricks greatly appreciated besides me going to garage if can be easily fixed. Thanks. 

hi,welcome to the forum. i have an audi a4 my parcel shelf kept popping up when closing the boot or going over bumps so i applied wd40 to the right side prongs and gently pushed the prongs in and out for around 10 minutes spraying every 30 seconds or so.and now the parcel shelf sits firmly in place.but please note i have 2 prongs on either side of the parcel shelf. i think it was steve Q who showed some clips/prongs you can buy to replace yours assuming their not damaged beyond repair.also i have no idea how to replace them.regards stephen

Hi Stephen thanks for your reply yes I'm missing clip one side I haven't looked at it too much I don't have the car long I don't think the garage realised was doing this I may get onto em and see there response aswell it's not major issue just mosre annoying really thanks for your tip.. 

Thanks ya sprayed wd40 on it and other side but I'm gettin it re tracked this week so I wil get garage have a look I think I should have 2 clips and not one as it closed with boot after bit of spray but popped back up again when hit a bump so there still something not right yet. 

• 5 months later...

Hi guys, I've got a similar issue.
I've got a 19 plate Audi A6 Avant s-line. The plastic guide that the sliding boot cover sits and moves up and down in has broken. However, the sliding cover still works fine although doesn't close 100% as this plastic part is broken.
Can this part be bought and reasonably easily fitted or do I need to stomach the cost for a local dealer to sort this out for me?

On 11/15/2023 at 4:11 PM, S1OTAF said:

I've got a 19 plate Audi A6 Avant s-line. The plastic guide that the sliding boot cover sits and moves up and down in has broken. However, the sliding cover still works fine although doesn't close 100% as this plastic part is broken.
Can this part be bought and reasonably easily fitted or do I need to stomach the cost for a local dealer to sort this out for me?

IMG_2862.HEICIMG_2862.HEICIMG_2862.HEIC

On 11/15/2023 at 4:11 PM, S1OTAF said:

hi,i checked with audi a few months back and i think it was around £650 for a new parcel shelf for mine "gulp" i hate to think how much yours would be😮.parts online somewhere around the country will have one.or is this any good. eBay item no 386295566058 regards