After market headlights

Eric2546

So I bought after market headlights. 
I couldn’t find second hand headlights and new ones cost about £1500.

My head lights are bi xenon so the dipped beam and high beam is separate and it’s tucked on the side of the xenon bulb. I bought led replacement headlight unit. The high beams do not work but it’s not giving a fault code and I have figured out the whited are in different locations to the standard full xenon’s. 
the bi xenon one’s are rare so seams the led unit is not compatible with my one. I believe I may need to take out the cable from the connector and change its position. Do you guys know what cable is the high beam.

I know what connection point it is on the led light but I don’t know what cable is meant to be changed for it to work.

this was meant to be plug and play 

Im also getting Audi adaptive light faults

please help.

IMG_5980.jpeg

IMG_5984.png

1 hour ago, Eric2546 said:

So I bought after market headlights. 
I couldn’t find second hand headlights and new ones cost about £1500.

My head lights are bi xenon so the dipped beam and high beam is separate and it’s tucked on the side of the xenon bulb. I bought led replacement headlight unit. The high beams do not work but it’s not giving a fault code and I have figured out the whited are in different locations to the standard full xenon’s. 
the bi xenon one’s are rare so seams the led unit is not compatible with my one. I believe I may need to take out the cable from the connector and change its position. Do you guys know what cable is the high beam.

I know what connection point it is on the led light but I don’t know what cable is meant to be changed for it to work.

this was meant to be plug and play 

Im also getting Audi adaptive light faults

please help.

IMG_5980.jpeg

IMG_5984.png

Hi the LED units work completely different from the standard lights therefore whoever sold you the aftermarket kit should be abs to supply the Canbus bridge cables that fit between the power plug and the light unit, this fools the lighting control module in to thinking you have fitted standard light units, I have found lots of second hand units on the net but I think its more of a case of you wanted LEDs as an upgrade.

Steve.

20 hours ago, Eric2546 said:

All they supplied this picture  

IMG_5984.png

Hi looks like a fair bit of wire changing, who did you buy them from? and have you got a picture of the new units against the old [from the front].

Steve.

5 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi looks like a fair bit of wire changing, who did you buy them from? and have you got a picture of the new units against the old [from the front].

Steve.

The picture with the labels is the aftermarket one and the other picture is my original one 

1 hour ago, Eric2546 said:

The picture with the labels is the aftermarket one and the other picture is my original one 

Hi you need to post pictures of the front of the headlight instead of the two plug connectors on the back, otherwise scant see what the difference is between the lense arrangement.

Steve.

4 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi you need to post pictures of the front of the headlight instead of the two plug connectors on the back, otherwise scant see what the difference is between the lense arrangement.

Steve.

Today I did extra research and I done a bridge from the dipped beam to the high beam and it becomes a constant on light 

I also checked with a electrical reader to see if there was a voltage change when I flick the high beams on and there isn’t so it won’t be a case of rewiring.

and I did some extra checking the light that’s on the outside by the xenon’s is not the high beam it’s the adaptive turn light.

IMG_5968.jpeg

IMG_5989.jpeg

On 6/20/2023 at 12:35 AM, Eric2546 said:

Today I did extra research and I done a bridge from the dipped beam to the high beam and it becomes a constant on light 

I also checked with a electrical reader to see if there was a voltage change when I flick the high beams on and there isn’t so it won’t be a case of rewiring.

and I did some extra checking the light that’s on the outside by the xenon’s is not the high beam it’s the adaptive turn light.

IMG_5968.jpeg

IMG_5989.jpeg

Hi the xenon lights are shuttered so main beam is facilitated by a signal which causes the shutter to lower from dipped to main beam through the same lense as you say the other light is the adaptive part and unless you have a can bus link cable I can't see that the new light will work especially as you are already getting light error codes without rewiring and then you have the problem that the lighting control module won't recognise the new light units, these are DEFINITLEY NOT plug in and play.

Steve.

5 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi the xenon lights are shuttered so main beam is facilitated by a signal which causes the shutter to lower from dipped to main beam through the same lense as you say the other light is the adaptive part and unless you have a can bus link cable I can't see that the new light will work especially as you are already getting light error codes without rewiring and then you have the problem that the lighting control module won't recognise the new light units, these are DEFINITLEY NOT plug in and play.

Steve.

Thank you for your help. Means a lot.

I was wondering if you were any chance close to london for you to view it first hand.

19 hours ago, Eric2546 said:

Thank you for your help. Means a lot.

I was wondering if you were any chance close to london for you to view it first hand.

HI Eric it won't matter how many people look at it the fact remains that they are not compatible with your car unless you get an auto electrician to look at it with a view to changing the wiring, have you contacted the company that supplied the units to ask if they were intended as plug in and play, I am fishing in the dark here so do you have a link for the supplier and where did you buy them from, my guess from the advert you posted that they are Chinese.

Steve.