Silverstone

Hi all,

Thought I'd sign up and say hello.

Just ordered an A3 45 TFSI S-line Competition S-tronic with the following:

• C+S pack
  • High beam assist
  • Flat bottom steering wheel
  • 4-way lumbar support

This will be a company car with a twice weekly 250 mile commute. Excited about this car as it's a hybrid aimed at performance - I'm sure it will form the basis of what we will know as the next generation of RS3 and S3 models.

Audi advised 15 months, my lease company says 12. Hoping to get a build slot soon.

Think tax came in at just under £155, I had to pay for the options up front myself.

Do we have many with experience of this car and maybe some pics? It seems to be rare on social media and IRL.

Cheers,

A

On 4/25/2022 at 8:15 PM, Silverstone said:

Hi all,

Thought I'd sign up and say hello.

Just ordered an A3 45 TFSI S-line Competition S-tronic with the following:

• C+S pack
  • High beam assist
  • Flat bottom steering wheel
  • 4-way lumbar support

This will be a company car with a twice weekly 250 mile commute. Excited about this car as it's a hybrid aimed at performance - I'm sure it will form the basis of what we will know as the next generation of RS3 and S3 models.

Audi advised 15 months, my lease company says 12. Hoping to get a build slot soon.

Think tax came in at just under £155, I had to pay for the options up front myself.

Do we have many with experience of this car and maybe some pics? It seems to be rare on social media and IRL.

Cheers,

A

Love mine.. I have C&S, flat bottom, high beam assist, black roof fails and extended ambient light pack. 

It can struggle to get the power down at times but overall it’s been great so far. It’s surprisingly quick when using dynamic mode with some charge in the battery at the same time. 

A3457876-F87D-4CDB-9844-0F09D4CA92EE.jpeg

1AD0A290-2B8F-4E92-8CC0-31BDC20E984A.jpeg

On 4/28/2022 at 6:29 PM, rickyr65sl said:

Love mine.. I have C&S, flat bottom, high beam assist, black roof fails and extended ambient light pack. 

It can struggle to get the power down at times but overall it’s been great so far. It’s surprisingly quick when using dynamic mode with some charge in the battery at the same time. 

A3457876-F87D-4CDB-9844-0F09D4CA92EE.jpeg

1AD0A290-2B8F-4E92-8CC0-31BDC20E984A.jpeg

Very nice, hope you're enjoying it - got a few Qs if you don't mind?

How do you find the full leather and are the heated bolsters noticeable? 

Did you car come with the convenience key? It is meant to be standard. but mine hasn't got it on the spec sheet nor was it an option on the list?

Lastly, how does power delivery and grip feel with and without electric power?

Thanks

30 minutes ago, Silverstone said:

Very nice, hope you're enjoying it - got a few Qs if you don't mind?

How do you find the full leather and are the heated bolsters noticeable? 

Did you car come with the convenience key? It is meant to be standard. but mine hasn't got it on the spec sheet nor was it an option on the list?

Lastly, how does power delivery and grip feel with and without electric power?

Thanks

Leather feels great, seats are ultra comfy, I’ve not used the heated seats yet so can’t comment on them.

Mine just has keyless start, I have to lock and unlock it with the key. It wasn’t an option on mine to have keyless opening either.

The grip and power without electric motor in dynamic mode is surprising. The little 1.4 performs more like a 2.0 in my opinion. 

Also I’d just like to add that the fuel tank is small and if your putting your foot down a lot it soon eats through it. Mine is only good on fuel (around 43-46mpg) when in efficiency mode. 

A newbie to this forum so thought I'd say hi and share some feedback on my 2022 A3 TFSIe 45 Competition in Daytona grey, with high beam assist, traffic sign recognition, comfort and sound pack etc.

Delighted with the car overall. It drives well, handles great, is quick when you floor it yet relaxed when you want to save the planet. 

Performance in Dynamic mode is very strong, mpg is great (60mpg on motorways combined petrol and electric, and 300mpg when using EV only). Regularly getting 90+mpg local driving too.

Leather heated seats are comfy and toasty warm, no complaints there.

My only gripe is with the B&O sound system which sounds slightly dull and focussed around the windscreen area. I previously had an A6 Black Edition with B&O system which offered a far superior and dynamic sound experience. 

The boot floor is slightly high due to batteries, but as I don't use the boot regularly it's not an issue.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your new car 

2 minutes ago, Silverstone said:

Cheers, good to hear about everyone’s experience. There’s not enough info online.

Any nice quirks on the virtual cockpit with an etron display or anything?

Both the virtual cockpit and MMI screen are crystal clear and intuitive. In my opinion the graphics are amongst the best in class. On the virtual cockpit you can monitor the remaining fuel range, electric range or both, you can see MPG & M/kWh consumption, plus see full Google maps, traffic sign recognition, distance to the car in front etc. On the main MMI screen you can select an icon to view a clear diagram of the charging system in operation - this shows when the engine is running, when the car is freewheeling, when it's recharging or recuperating energy, or when it's running on pure EV. The only thing that's missing on the A3 MMI screen (that my previous A6 had as standard and was a great feature) is haptic feedback.

There's a button on the centre console where you can select pure EV (electric only, up to circa 40 miles depending on outside temperature), Auto EV (where the car mixes petrol and electric automatically to maximise mpg), EV Hold (which stores electric and just uses petrol), or EV Recharge (which recharges the battery as you drive).

One other thing you'll like is the regenerative braking, it automatically kicks in and starts to slow the car down as you approach an area with a lower speed limit, or approach a vehicle in front that's driving slower than you, or as you approach a junction/roundabout etc. You can also use the paddle shifters when in EV mode to add more braking effect, or stick the car into Dynamic Mode whilst in EV for the strongest auto braking.

24 minutes ago, Silverstone said:

Cheers, good to hear about everyone’s experience. There’s not enough info online.

Any nice quirks on the virtual cockpit with an etron display or anything?

You can get a few different displays up on the MMI screen. The virtual cockpit has trip computer, you can choose between power meter or Rev counter, you can have your satnav screen on there, phone Info, radio etc 

Also has a driver assist option for adaptiv cruise and lane assist etc but to be honest I turn the lane assist off every time I get in the car 

10 hours ago, Compo said:

A newbie to this forum so thought I'd say hi and share some feedback on my 2022 A3 TFSIe 45 Competition in Daytona grey, with high beam assist, traffic sign recognition, comfort and sound pack etc.

Delighted with the car overall. It drives well, handles great, is quick when you floor it yet relaxed when you want to save the planet. 

Performance in Dynamic mode is very strong, mpg is great (60mpg on motorways combined petrol and electric, and 300mpg when using EV only). Regularly getting 90+mpg local driving too.

Leather heated seats are comfy and toasty warm, no complaints there.

My only gripe is with the B&O sound system which sounds slightly dull and focussed around the windscreen area. I previously had an A6 Black Edition with B&O system which offered a far superior and dynamic sound experience. 

The boot floor is slightly high due to batteries, but as I don't use the boot regularly it's not an issue.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your new car 

The B&O in my opinion sounds great, it didn’t at first but now it’s had time to bed in Its sounds really well. I previously had a 2017 Audi s4 with B&O and I say the a3 sounds much better than that. 

1 minute ago, rickyr65sl said:

The B&O in my opinion sounds great, it didn’t at first but now it’s had time to bed in Its sounds really well. I previously had a 2017 Audi s4 with B&O and I say the a3 sounds much better than that. 

Thanks rickyr65sl - hopefully the sound will get better with time 🤞🏻

2 hours ago, rickyr65sl said:

Just took a couple of pics so you can possibly get a better idea on looks. It needs a clean but should help you. 

A4799DE4-F3C7-4880-8432-235E5452CCED.jpeg

BA65CFA2-3849-4C05-A917-36F21E937ED6.jpeg

905A22D7-C7F7-4496-AC90-D7107F3DE031.jpeg

45AFBCBA-57A7-441F-A52C-16A6F8F3FDD1.jpeg

B36D987D-01F0-4BFC-BEE8-3BF11E93C5D0.jpeg

E28759B1-93FF-43B9-BFA6-BAFDF4F70F78.jpeg

9CF33672-641F-45A0-925C-1740CEE5A6F6.jpeg

0A77BE7A-43A2-4328-BBDB-FE6EA3517F0E.jpeg

Looks great, so you get cars trying it on a lot? Must take a few hot hatches by surprise.

did everyone’s model coke with the Audi phonebox? Heard they’ve removed it from new builds for a while.

29 minutes ago, Silverstone said:

Looks great, so you get cars trying it on a lot? Must take a few hot hatches by surprise.

did everyone’s model coke with the Audi phonebox? Heard they’ve removed it from new builds for a while.

Mine didn't have the Audi phonebox, don't believe it's available any more? Wonder if it has anything to do with the microchip shortage issue that affect specs on new cars?

1 hour ago, Silverstone said:

Mine hasn’t got phone box, I took the “a3” and “tfsi e” badges of the back of mine and yer it does surprise a lot of people when your having a bit of a spirited drive. 

It has no trouble keeping up with and actually passing on occasion a couple of my friends cars…

mk6 golf gti 

fk2 civic type r 

golf r32 

b7 rs4 

to name a few 

13 hours ago, rickyr65sl said:

Just took a couple of pics so you can possibly get a better idea on looks. It needs a clean but should help you. 

A4799DE4-F3C7-4880-8432-235E5452CCED.jpeg

BA65CFA2-3849-4C05-A917-36F21E937ED6.jpeg

905A22D7-C7F7-4496-AC90-D7107F3DE031.jpeg

45AFBCBA-57A7-441F-A52C-16A6F8F3FDD1.jpeg

B36D987D-01F0-4BFC-BEE8-3BF11E93C5D0.jpeg

E28759B1-93FF-43B9-BFA6-BAFDF4F70F78.jpeg

9CF33672-641F-45A0-925C-1740CEE5A6F6.jpeg

0A77BE7A-43A2-4328-BBDB-FE6EA3517F0E.jpeg

Looks good in white with the contrasting black 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Compo said:

Turbo blue looks great, it wasn't available when I got mine, sadly 

Usually I go with black cars but the moment I saw it in this colour.. I had to get it. Really happy with how it looks, think if I had the black edition kit so it got rid of all the chrome it would look nicer.

Glad the thread is still going, need to unite the TFSIe gang.

lease company called to confirm my order has been accepted by Audi but they’ve initially quoted April 2023. Will get more accurate once a build slot has been allocated.

was tempted to add the matrix led headlights but seeing the digital matrix ones will be out soon for some Audi models, matrix will probably become standardised from next year onwards for most of the range from s-line spec up.

3 minutes ago, Silverstone said:

Glad the thread is still going, need to unite the TFSIe gang.

lease company called to confirm my order has been accepted by Audi but they’ve initially quoted April 2023. Will get more accurate once a build slot has been allocated.

was tempted to add the matrix led headlights but seeing the digital matrix ones will be out soon for some Audi models, matrix will probably become standardised from next year onwards for most of the range from s-line spec up.

Wow that's a long wait. I ordered mine in July and got it in April... really hope it hurries up for you.

3 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Wow that's a long wait. I ordered mine in July and got it in April... really hope it hurries up for you.

I went for Daytona Grey as it looks great with the contrasting black trim. But it's good to see that Audi is now doing some brighter colours like Tango Red, Glacier White, Turbo Blue and even Python Yellow. Audi have been notorious for bland colours in the past, like grey, grey or grey 😆

maxresdefault~2.jpg

13 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Cheers, I’ll update the thread when I can. Silver lining is I’ll get a shiny new 23 plate.

3 minutes ago, Compo said:

I went for Daytona Grey as it looks great with the contrasting black trim. But it's good to see that Audi is now doing some brighter colours like Tango Red, Glacier White, Turbo Blue and even Python Yellow. Audi have been notorious for bland colours in the past, like grey, grey or grey 😆

maxresdefault~2.jpg

Wow a Daytona grey 45tfsi completion pic, looks amazing. Any more angles as this is the spec I’ve ordered 

4 minutes ago, Silverstone said:

Cheers, I’ll update the thread when I can. Silver lining is I’ll get a shiny new 23 plate.

Wow a Daytona grey 45tfsi completion pic, looks amazing. Any more angles as this is the spec I’ve ordered 

Hope these help 👍🏻

PXL_20220108_140749706.jpg

PXL_20220108_133821979.jpg

On 5/18/2022 at 9:29 PM, Compo said:

Hope these help 👍🏻

PXL_20220108_140749706.jpg

PXL_20220108_133821979.jpg

looks great, same spec on the outside as mine. The grey will make it a bit more of a sleeper although the blue and yellow paints with the black package look great too.