Q4 e-tron Public Charging

GWAudi

Hello,

Hoping this doesn’t make me sound like I’m a technophobe or an air head. 

Has anyone else found public charging with their e-tron to be very hit and miss as to if you can get the charger to actually start charging their car?

I have a Q4 e-tron. I’ve only had to use a public charger a couple of times but my success rate is like 50%. The first time was fine, used an Instavolt charging point at a McDonalds without issue. 

The 2nd time I tried a PodPoint at Tesco   After connecting to the car / tapping my debit card to pay, the charging light on the car flashed white for a while and then went red. Tried the point next to it, same issue. 

Yesterday, tried using a Gridserve charger and something similar happened. Plugged in, tapped my card - the display sat at “starting” and the car charging light was flashing white. After a couple of minutes, the charge point display went back to “tap your card”. Tapped again, same thing happened. Got stuck in a loop doing this. Gave up and headed further up the road to a Macs and used their Instavolt - worked fine first time. 

Anyone else have similar issues?

Cheers