Oil in cooling system

Hi guys, I’ve recently bought an A4 b7 2.0 tdi Quattro special edition 2007, it went into limp mode  but once left for a while it starts and drives  fine  but I noticed oil in the expansion tank and it’s losing about half an inch of water a week , the car drives perfect  I’ve had the oil cooler replaced the Egr cooler replaced  the cooling system cleaned out but it’s still happening , no coloured smoke from the exhaust,  has anyone had a similar issues and how to rectify it  cheers 

17 minutes ago, Ian Chalmers said:

Hi guys, I’ve recently bought an A4 b7 2.0 tdi Quattro special edition 2007, it went into limp mode  but once left for a while it starts and drives  fine  but I noticed oil in the expansion tank and it’s losing about half an inch of water a week , the car drives perfect  I’ve had the oil cooler replaced the Egr cooler replaced  the cooling system cleaned out but it’s still happening , no coloured smoke from the exhaust,  has anyone had a similar issues and how to rectify it  cheers 

Hi the only way to find out is have the car scanned for codes, absent any codes have the coolant system pressure tested, unfortunately it sound like a head gasket has a small leak between a water and oil gallery.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys , just off chance could the oil pump have anything to do with this  , I believe that there is an issue with this pump and that there is an upgrade 🤷‍♂️