Mirror Indicator Lights

Richard09

Car coming up to MOT Drivers side Mirror indicator light not working, I ordered some replacements from E-bay some time ago and tried to fit one them on the faulty side took off the mirror to find some one had  a go previously, at trying to fit a new light as the old one was split, bit is still work right up until recently, what I found was that they had drilled out the locking screw and drilled an another hole for a screw that had disintegrated , also noted that the wiring ran thought the center of the mirror support, so could easily be damaged if I tried to drill the disintegrated one out.

Did a bit of googling to find one post that said they replaced the indicator light without a complete strip down for the same reason as me. So I proceeded to take the mirror off and the screws to the  motor plate and the screw at the base also the old the light, I would not say it was an easy process, a bit fiddly but it worked so if your faced with not being able to do a complete strip down the all is not lost.  The one thing that made the process a bit easier was a little silicone grease on the edges of the replacement light it made the pushing into the slot to take the light nice and easy. One thing, with the replacement light it had only 5 fixings not the six that is on the original, The only really  fiddly fixing is the one at the top  behind the mirror post very awkward to do.   I would say that this was much easier to do than I thought I think what made the difference was the silicone grease.  

I tried to attach a PDF of the correct instructions of fitting the light but it would not load correctly if anyone could point me in the right direction to upload this I would be greatful.

On 9/30/2023 at 3:35 PM, Richard09 said:

Car coming up to MOT Drivers side Mirror indicator light not working, I ordered some replacements from E-bay some time ago and tried to fit one them on the faulty side took off the mirror to find some one had  a go previously, at trying to fit a new light as the old one was split, bit is still work right up until recently, what I found was that they had drilled out the locking screw and drilled an another hole for a screw that had disintegrated , also noted that the wiring ran thought the center of the mirror support, so could easily be damaged if I tried to drill the disintegrated one out.

Did a bit of googling to find one post that said they replaced the indicator light without a complete strip down for the same reason as me. So I proceeded to take the mirror off and the screws to the  motor plate and the screw at the base also the old the light, I would not say it was an easy process, a bit fiddly but it worked so if your faced with not being able to do a complete strip down the all is not lost.  The one thing that made the process a bit easier was a little silicone grease on the edges of the replacement light it made the pushing into the slot to take the light nice and easy. One thing, with the replacement light it had only 5 fixings not the six that is on the original, The only really  fiddly fixing is the one at the top  behind the mirror post very awkward to do.   I would say that this was much easier to do than I thought I think what made the difference was the silicone grease.  

I tried to attach a PDF of the correct instructions of fitting the light but it would not load correctly if anyone could point me in the right direction to upload this I would be greatful.

Glad you got sorted 🙂 the pdf might be too large to upload. If the pdf was found online then it might be easier to add the link.  

No it's a PDF from my Manual on the car and it's only 104Kb not sure if the file is shareable but looking under properties it is open with no restrictions ? not to sure why it's unable to load to the page.

Thanks for the input.