Insurance confusion

mpr

Hello everyone

First post, forgive me if it's been covered somewhere before.

On Monday I'm getting my Q8 etron and I'm updating my insurance policy. I have 2 options, q8 etc etc etc 5C or 5E. The 5E is described as "estate" and 5C "hatchback". This isn't the sportback, does anyone know which one I have to select? Insurers tend to be picky over details like what car they're actually insuring and Aviva don't have any phone numbers you can talk to a human on!

Many thanks

Martin

Hello Martin,

Welcome and thanks for joining.

I think the reliable answer lies with the supplying dealer. Am I right in thinking the insurance questions are taken from comparison website? 
One point which would be very important to me to confirm ( apart from yours) is whether the policy covers the full purchase value of the vehicle, in the event of a total loss - most (all ??) do during the first year - but I would double check that. Also, as an addition to that, does the policy cover ‘ back to invoice value’ - which doesn’t account for price increases during the year, or replacement of like-for-like?
Kind regards,

Gareth.  

Hi Gareth

I'm on the Aviva site as that's who my A6 insurance is with. I just want to change the car (then hide behind the sofa when I get the updated price!) but obviously I need to have the correct car registered in case I need to make a claim.  

The dealer says Sportback is "hatchback", standard is "Estate" and, handy hint, if you really give Aviva a bad mark with their quick survey about your experience, miraculously the chatbot turns into a real person (though he (a) wouldn't tell me which was which as I had to make the choice and (b) then had to pass me to a different dept because I had an online policy). Still, in the grand scheme of things, there are people with plenty more to worry about than these things.

Have a good weekend everyone.

• Like 1