Lowering advice on a avant

Chris haworth

Eibach have a lowering kit for the 40,45 C8 model with a 40-45mm drop on the front and something like 35-40mm drop on the rear.

HOWEVER....

I would strongly advise against lowering without a uprated/designed dampers/coil overs. Lowering on saloons or longer wheel base vehicles compared to shorter wheel base cars (hatch backs) come with far more drastic and less practical issues due to the wheels being set further back on the front and to one another.

You will either scrap the front of the splitter every mild speed bump and once over, you will scrap the middle of your chassis every time you go over it. Its not practical for road going use. 

I would suggest air suspension. Simply because you can raise and lower the suspension accordingly, the ride is comfortable but firm. But you are talking about £7K+

Alternatively if you can find an insurance write off S6/RS6 at auction, you might be able to recover the chassis and mount to your car but the cost in getting those parts, and doing that work, you may as well buy an S6/RS6.

Unfortunately due to road tax legislation, with anything beyond 2018 there is no point doing engine swaps to cheat the road tax. Presently the A6 40 TDI, S6, RS6 all have the same road tax (£570pa) which is bonkers. A 2.0 diesel 201hp car to have the same road tax as a twin turbo v6 and twin turbo v8 is nothing short communist taxation by government.

The other option is to lower and go for 21/22 inch wheels to offset the drop. You loose gap between arch and tyre but gain it on the wheel height from floor. 

Was thinking that , needs to come down somehow , seen a few do it on the salons but not sure in this country with the speed bumps like ya say , I’ve got a feeling they are 21,s now could be 20”s I’ll have a look tomorrow 

0F53AEA8-6F4A-4E45-8563-C8660F8445C1.png