Automatic User Identification Failed error on myAudi

ssharma

Go to solution Solved by ssharma,

Hi,

On the myAudi app, when I try any of the features such as Park Assist or Lighting Technology demo, I get the attached error - Automatic User Identification Failed.

I have verified that both the phone and the car have Internet and Bluetooth access enabled.

Audi customer support and my dealer seem to have no clue on why this is not working.

Screenshot_20240104_111338_myAudi.jpg

Can you see the basic live info of your car? Mileage? Range etc?

If so when does it say it was last updated?

Also, delete app and reinstall.

Yes, the basic info such as mileage etc is all updated 5 mins ago.

I'm able to lock/unlock the car from the app as well.

However, I get the error noted in the original post if I try remote parking or the lighting demo from the app.

28 minutes ago, ssharma said:

Yes, the basic info such as mileage etc is all updated 5 mins ago.

I'm able to lock/unlock the car from the app as well.

However, I get the error noted in the original post if I try remote parking or the lighting demo from the app.

Two things.

The lighting demo is crap. Not worth spending an ounce of your time on. Just watch it on YT if you’re that bothered.

Secondly. I don’t think any of the A6 range has remote parking? Happy to be corrected.

edit- a bit further reading suggest later models have the remote park assist. I assume this is what you have?

There is chat on the net that some phones don’t have the corect protocols in place for this to work. Have you tried a different phone?

The A6 printed manual I received (approx March 2023 build) has the instructions for vehicles with remote parking, so I assume some A6 models (Vorsprung?) would have it.

Posted (edited)

Thanks Jammy. Yes, the model I have has the remote parking assist but I have not tried a different phone yet. I have just reinstalled the app on my phone and tried again - but it didn't work.

Mstv - Yes, the model I have got has it but just doesn't work 🙂 It may be my phone...

Edited by ssharma

37 minutes ago, ssharma said:

Thanks Jammy. Yes, the model I have has the remote parking assist but I have not tried a different phone yet. I have just reinstalled the app on my phone and tried again - but it didn't work.

Mstv - Yes, the model I have got has it but just doesn't work 🙂 It may be my phone...

I would definitely try another (later / different OS) phone to get the latest protocols. 
However the Audi Connect and wireless connectivity is very buggy, I’m forever having to reset mine. Great when it works… 🙄

• Solution

Update - This error was resolved. I'm not exactly sure on the root cause but in case anyone hits the same issue -

1) I reinstalled the myAudi app on the phone a few times

2) Logged into myAudi on a different phone (iPhone) and connected the iPhone to the car - got the same error

3) Logged in again to the app on Android and it worked!

The above steps may be a coincidence but worth a shot.