Upgrade rmc for CarPlay and maps

NFIN02

Hey all, current got a 2018 audi a6 Quattro with software version RMC_EU_P16342. To be honest, car have decent spec but this software is real let down. Nav SD version is also 2017. Can anyone advise how I can upgrade? Ideally I want to use apple CarPlay and have decent upgraded .maps. Don’t want to start retro fitting screens etc. I have a couple of videos on YouTube about purchasing sd card and downloading another version but just to make sure I am doing the right thing. That’s why thought I should ask u guys 👍🏻. Advice welcome please, thanks 

I’m in the same boat with a 2014 with the satnav.

You can get the latest maps installed but they need to be coded to the car to work or in my case I’ve just purchased a new screen with Android etc on it so life’s easier.

Best of luck.

Interesting! Didn’t know you could just change the screen to get car-play/android on it. 
id thought it was a separate module that needed changing.

how easy was that and I’m assuming it needed coding afterwards!

cheers

20 hours ago, Realist said:

Don't know yet waiting for it to arrive.

Let us know how this works. Can I ask where did u purchase?

Interesting, I’m not sure about dismantling the dash or the quality of Chinese stuff bought through Aliexpress though!

did you have to remove the centre console to get the AC unit etc out?

im also a bit concerned about the reliability of the new unit. I’ve bought stuff via Aliexpress before and it failed soon after purchase. No chance of getting my money back from them, they just kept fobbing me off knowing that there’s no recourse or anything to make them refund you, sent stuff back only for them to deny it’s arrived, even after I’d sent it recorded delivery & had a received receipt & signature.

I’m guessing there’s no other aftermarket source for head units?

i hope yours continues to work ok, but I’m not all keen to buy from China anymore tbh, even though that looks a good system.