Faint beep on braking in reverse

ssharma

Car - Audi A6 Saloon 2023

Hi, I get a very faint beeping noise when I break in reverse - for example while parking the car. It doesn't seem to be the parking sensor as I get it when there is no obstacle in the path and it's very faint compared to the sound of the parking sensor.

Any ideas on what this sound is and is it normal?

Unrelated, the side bolsters on the front seats are creasing significantly on a new car. The dealer has offered to replace the seat cushion. However I am wondering if it is worth replacing them as having browsed through a number of nearly new Audis on Auto trader, a number of cars seem to have this. It looks like a generic problem with Audi seats. Any advice on the matter based on how your seat side bolsters are wearing out will be great. Thanks

Hello Sharad,

We guess you have invested/committed to pay a fair amount of funds into this now 1 year old car, and as such, you should be able to enjoy it, safe in your understanding that whatever goes wrong, the warranty will cover your issue. 
We really do try to be helpful on here, but my best advice would be:- Bleep - book it into the main dealer and entrust the solution  to them. You haven’t paid good money to diagnose issues.

Seat bolsters:- Accept the dealer’s offer to replace them, and keep requesting replacements under warranty if those turn out to deteriorate. 
Hope this is a positive way forward. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Can’t say I’ve had a noticeable crease on the side bolsters after nearly 3 years. 

Do you have the comfort setting enabled for the driver?

Thanks both for your responses. I have booked with the dealer but the appointment is in about 45 days and so, I posted here to check if the beep is normal meanwhile. If it were an actual problem, I'd expect the instrument cluster to flag an issue with the brakes. It may be normal/expected but I just don't know what it is. I have attached an audio file with the beep in question. This beep sound came through on braking only in reverse.

I have set the car on Auto driving mode.

Edited by ssharma

The comfort setting I refer to is for the seat.

Does your seat move backwards and forwards automatically when you open the door to get in / out?

It will make a difference to how you brush against the side bolsters. 

With the comfort setting enabled there is much more room to prevent the side bolsters getting squashed.

Thanks Sharad,

45 days wait doesn’t  put Audi in good light. Have you tried other main dealers within a sensible travelling distance? 
Kind regards,

Gareth.