software options not enabled but there none the less.

I have a 2018 Q7 S line 3 litre tdi and I havent got the full list of options...or have I, i notice whilst driving about on ocasions the Audi pre-sense goes off warning me of push bikes in the oncoming lane too close to the centre of the road etc So I summise The camera must be fitted and some limited use allowed, it follows that a lot of the more expensive options may well be lurking in the software but not enabled ( on the account of not being paid for on buying the csr new) BMW's Im pretty sure have all the toys in there, they just need enabling ?/ paying fo,r Im guessing this would be how Audi do it too, all the models manufactured the same but options, software enabled depending on the toys bought when new. Anyone managed to switch on an option later?

I've a feeling that Audi pre-sense basic (front only?) is pretty standard.  There are other options that can be enabled via coding and others again that also depend on certain hardware being fitted. Suggest you get the detailed list of options from your dealership's service department specific to your actual car (based on the VIN) and then you'll know what you have / haven't got.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 9:36 PM, mstv said:

I've a feeling that Audi pre-sense basic (front only?) is pretty standard.  There are other options that can be enabled via coding and others again that also depend on certain hardware being fitted. Suggest you get the detailed list of options from your dealership's service department specific to your actual car (based on the VIN) and then you'll know what you have / haven't got.

That figures.

Id agree with MSTV.  Getting a list of what was on the car when it was bought would be an advantage.

Then get someone with VCDS to have a look at the car and see what they can enable.
Im not great with Vcds myself but i dont think it would allow you to enable software that the hardware isnt there to support.