Low pressure EGR

willstevens

Hi anyone know what that means? Audi are claiming it’s not under the extended warantee terms  - they state it’s mainly labour and will take 4.3 hours to clean up all the connections - they want 1400.00 

Can anyone pls help cause this seems extremely expensive 

22 hours ago, willstevens said:

Hi anyone know what that means? Audi are claiming it’s not under the extended warantee terms  - they state it’s mainly labour and will take 4.3 hours to clean up all the connections - they want 1400.00 

Can anyone pls help cause this seems extremely expensive 

Hi it means the low pressure valve that sits on top of the Low Pressure cooler is probably stuck and covered in a mixture of wet adblue crystals, £1400 is not reasonable for this job, the parts are about £200 aftermarket, when I say aftermarket I mean a VDO unit which is oe at about £160 then the transfer tube and clips and a gasket for the unit is about another £38, my opinion for what its worth is go find a good independent it will work out a hell of a lot cheaper, depending on your milage they might get away with cleaning your old unit, Audi are well aware of this problem on their Diesel engines.

Steve.

Thanks Steve

when I kicked back they cut it down to 720 to clean the system. 
just seems so expensive 

I have an Audi extended warranty and apparently it isn’t covered because it’s not broken and just needs cleaning. 
250 per hour to clean - sign me up! 

23 hours ago, willstevens said:

Thanks Steve

when I kicked back they cut it down to 720 to clean the system. 
just seems so expensive 

I have an Audi extended warranty and apparently it isn’t covered because it’s not broken and just needs cleaning. 
250 per hour to clean - sign me up! 

Hi will that is still eye watering, they are greedy bar stewards, its probably a two hour job and a bit of solvent/carbon cleaner and hot water, Audi extended warranties appear commercially branded Andrex and Cushelle, thats about all they are fit for, yes they are a dream car to own but everyone who buys one should swap their deep rose tinted specs for clear ones to to read the research on the problems these cars have with that system and the cooler its attached to.

Steve.

Thankyou

it seems every time I go to claim they have an excuse why it’s not covered. 
I now had a problem with the nearside rear passenger window switch now not working 🥴

works on every other switch 😡