A5 2008 - running lean

ZakHargz

Hey,

Im wondering if someone could help / give me some advice and guidance on my issue I seem to be having. 

Long story cut short; I’ve picked up a A5 2008 2.7tdi; 145k miles. It was fine and one morning there was a hesitation when setting off. I’ve plugged my code reader in and it’s given me the following code:

P219500 - O2 signal sensor stuck lean bank 1 sensor 1. 

I’ve done the following to try and resolve this issue:

- Replaced O2 sensor and done adaptation

- Replaced MAF and done adaption

- Smoke test

- Checked fuel injectors

Its all coming back fine. 

The car has had a DPF Delete (before my ownership) and feels like it’s been remapped. 

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this problem? 

5 hours ago, ZakHargz said:

Hey,

Im wondering if someone could help / give me some advice and guidance on my issue I seem to be having. 

Long story cut short; I’ve picked up a A5 2008 2.7tdi; 145k miles. It was fine and one morning there was a hesitation when setting off. I’ve plugged my code reader in and it’s given me the following code:

- Smoke test

- Checked fuel injectors

The car has had a DPF Delete (before my ownership) and feels like it’s been remapped. 

Hi could be the delete and remap are causing the problem all airflow and exhaust flows are monitored against each other if the exhaust gas is escaping to fast the the o2 sensor can't read it properly, thinking behind this is all DPF deletes involve physical removal of some or all of the DPF core.

Steve.

• Like 1

Thanks for replying.

Hmm, that’s an interesting one. 

At present, do you think this can be ignored? Or would you recommend getting it to a mapping company; and allow them to revert and put a better map on it? 

8 hours ago, ZakHargz said:

Thanks for replying.

Hmm, that’s an interesting one. 

At present, do you think this can be ignored? Or would you recommend getting it to a mapping company; and allow them to revert and put a better map on it? 

Hi I would definitely get some body in that line of work to look at it and tell you realtime what's been done, never been a fan of mapping as half the clowns out there have no idea what they are doing or what the long term implications of their work is, are you still getting codes?

Steve.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 3:32 PM, ZakHargz said:

Hey,

- Smoke test

- Checked fuel injectors

Finally this issue has been explained in a simple manner. I've been chasing a leak in my GTI with the same engine and haven't found anyone explain it the way you did. Thanks for this and I did subscribe and like this! Thanks man, take care

Kodi

Edited by axaduj
  • Like 1