Drivers door requires 2 pulls on handle from inside car?

Help!! From inside the car, the driver’s door often requires to be pulled twice to open the door. I cannot find any reference in the handbook as to why this happens. On one occasion the door stayed locked until I used the unlock on the key fob.

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Mine does this from time to time. It seems to me this is relative to a safety system not a mechanical issue. The handle of the door releases the latch but not the lock. So on pulling the latch is released but the lock doesn’t.

if you pull the lever in less of a rush I find myself not having to pull twice. 

you can try some self diagnosis.

fault find 1:

step 1

put the car in park and hand break applied.

step 2 open the door if the car does not release the lock on first pull. There potentially is a fault.

Fault find 2:

step 1

apply brake pedal, put vehicle into drive/neutral.

step 2

open the door, if the car does not immediately open on 1st pull, check if the car is in park, and handbrake applied if so pull again if it releases this means the car prevented you from leaving whilst in drive and changed, in which during that time ensured you remained in the vehicle until it had prevented the car from moving.

if it did not/did go into park and handbrake applied but won’t open it means there is a fault requiring further diagnosis. 

Edited by Optimus