CAMBER A3 8P

vw754

img024.jpgjust had camber/alignment checked by kwik fit...........these are the results

car is a sprt model,lowered exactly 23mm on springs (before and after check showed lowering by 23mm using 30mm springs)

Do these need sorting out? kwik fit said yes,but a worker there who carried out the check said they are ok to be honest(but that was on the hush hush)

Are they out alot ?

Car drives straigt and does not wear front tyres,ive had it checked as ive had a replacement rear frame/axle

img025.jpg

img024.jpg

I see this is only for the front have you considered finding a garage that does 4 wheel alignment as a lot of newer cars these days require 4 wheel laser alignment rather than the traditional 2 wheel alignment maybe try this first before getting anything adjusted. I work for a tyre firm and if your saying there is no additional wear to the inner / outer edges of the tyre after a reasonable amount of mileage then it may not require any adjustment yet. Also when you had it lowered did you change the rim's or are you still on the standard rims for that car? if you changed the rims to a different size you need to check they aligned it according to the new size as many garages set-up their alignment equipment according to the original factory settings provided by Audi which does not cater for non-standard rims. Hope this helps. If all else fails just get them to fix it whilst it's only fractionally out to save money in the long run.

I see this is only for the front have you considered finding a garage that does 4 wheel alignment as a lot of newer cars these days require 4 wheel laser alignment rather than the traditional 2 wheel alignment maybe try this first before getting anything adjusted. I work for a tyre firm and if your saying there is no additional wear to the inner / outer edges of the tyre after a reasonable amount of mileage then it may not require any adjustment yet. Also when you had it lowered did you change the rim's or are you still on the standard rims for that car? if you changed the rims to a different size you need to check they aligned it according to the new size as many garages set-up their alignment equipment according to the original factory settings provided by Audi which does not cater for non-standard rims. Hope this helps. If all else fails just get them to fix it whilst it's only fractionally out to save money in the long run.

Thanks,i had 4 wheel alignment after lowering it about 7 months ago by ats,car drives great,just had replacement rear axle so thort id get it checked,it does state front and rear camber.

Had 18's on it,car originally had 17's,lowered it just with springs. my main concern was with rear camber/alignment.

apologies couldn't make out the bottom of those pictures looking at it the rear alignment seems fine and if your saying there's no excessive wear on the inner or outer edges of the tyre i wouldn't worry too much. the rear right is starting to go out but this kind of discrepancy is normally caused by speed bumps etc so aligning it now you may end up with the same discrepancy in a few months time just keep an eye on the tyre wear and you should be fine.

Not really best thing to do if you want tracking done is to look around and find the best deal. the problem with tracking is you need the equipment to be able to see what you're doing to the camber / toe ect so you will inevitably end up at a garage.

Yeah I would have said a four wheel alignment is the best idea. There's nothing I can add to this but I thought I would get my thoughts in.

Glen.

thanks guys,4 wheel alignmet is tracking,wont affect camber,which is my issue here weather its out and needs doing or ok-ish

• 1 month later...