skipper

I'm considering buying a used A3. I need a Tdi and my budget means I'm looking at something around 3/4-years old. I've read a lot of items on the internet advising that whilst A3s are quality vehicles in most respects, quite a few owners reckon the seats are poor as they don't offer enought support.

I'd appreciate some views on the comfort, driving position etc as I'm looking for a vehicle that's comfortable and offers good low back support etc. I've test driven a couple (both SEs I think) with no issues but an hour round the block is really here nor there. Many cars nowadays are advertised as having adjustable lumbar support and/or electronic lumbar support. The change of finding this on a used A3 is remote and as I've owned a number of vehicles in the past that have not had lumbar support - manual or electronic - which have been fine (they got to old so had to get rid of them) I'm thinking is this necessary?

I'd also like to ask if A3 seats (circa 4-yrs old) that don't have the optional extra of lumbar support still offer good low back support anyway? (Surely the standard seats are designed to support the driver?)

Lastly, and it might need a mechanic to answer this, do A3 (manual) have what is known as offset pedals or not please or is everything well aligned?

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the club

I always found the spport under the leg was lacking. If you are tall then you can find it a bit unsupportive, but youget used to the seats

I found the back of the seat to be ok.

Thanks for the reply Steve.

I'm just over 6-ft tall. I get a bit of sciatic trouble (right leg) ever since getting a Mk 6 GT TDi Golf a year ago (prev to this I've had a number of Golfs for last 12-years with no issues at all) so I'm seeking views on the A3 as I like these cars but want to get something that's going to be ok for me.

General talk suggests bucket seats are not good in cases such as mine so logically i thought I'd chekc out the SE seats. I then read - many times - that the A3 SE seats are not very good so I'm not sure what to believe. Also, the Audi dealers near me are non-too helpful to be honest.