replace the Q7’s SATNAV DVD

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry but I can't think of a way to get your disc out other than to take the whole thing apart and take it by hand. Had a similar issue with my old PS3 once and to this date still don't have my disc back. Then again the PS3 is ridiculously tough when being opened up and resorting to the hammer didn't work. So yeah, don't hit it with a hammer is my advice :)

Glen.

• 3 weeks later...

The navigation eject button is disabled. This is set from factory as an anti theft protection mode (to stop the expensive DVD going missing from leaving factory to arriving at the Audi dealership). It simply needs enabling by changing an adaption channel in the unit. A five minuet job for an Audi dealer. DO NOT STRIP THE UNIT!

• 5 months later...

The navigation eject button is disabled. This is set from factory as an anti theft protection mode (to stop the expensive DVD going missing from leaving factory to arriving at the Audi dealership). It simply needs enabling by changing an adaption channel in the unit. A five minuet job for an Audi dealer. DO NOT STRIP THE UNIT!

This is 100% correct but never go to dealer. Even better idea fine a vag.com diagnostic garage near you. Always use someone other than Audi as they charge you $100 just to open the door.

Not quite true, I work for one of the countries largest Audi dealers, and we do a hell of a lot of work for free actually.  We wouldn't even dream of charging for something like that, which should really have been done on the pre delivery inspection anyway!

Tech