Not Starting Properly

gavlloyd

i have an 04 A3 2.0 TDI Which is not starting properly.

If I turn the car over for a while and release the key the car will start. It doesnt matter if the car is warm or cold it is still the same.

The car is currently with an Audi dealership who don't seem to be able to fix the problem.

The ignition has been changed, wiring looms have been changed, heater plugs have been changed, a control unit for the heater plugs has been changed and the software has been updated, but the the car is still the same.

Has anyone come across the problem before or has any ideas what the problem could be then your advise would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Gavin (N Ireland)

Unfortunately you'll probably find this is going to turn into a process of elimination. I had an oil leak on my old Ford Fiesta and went through five more probable solutions until vulah. Can't even remember what it was now but it was annoying all the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds to me like the ECU is loosing either its terminal 30 or the terminal 50 feedback. I'd be checking all the feeds and earths and potential difference to/from the ECU before even considering replacing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up getting a 2nd hand ecu from an audi breakers cost me £72 delivered to my door. Audi fitted and programmed it and now she is starting and running like a dream so i`m all smiles again. Just annoyed it took so long and so much money to sort it. Thanks for all your help guys