a4 tdi SPORT 03 - revcounter probs

ATAUK

i , totally new to audi and diesels, and as per title just bought 2003 AUDI A4 TDI SPORT... now every thing is great and i love the drive , the only fault i have found is the rev counter sits at idle and doesnt realy move much although all the power is there and drives great ... this was apparently a problem that occurred after a flat battery ? told it should be ok with some kind of reset via audi ?

rev counter, it flickers when any throttle is added as though it wants to move but doesnt.. Also it doesnt drop with no ignition

added a pic of how rev counter sits

if a new cluster is required , i can get one locally but believe it will need coded to the car ?

any advice would be great biggrin.gif..

post-1423-0-43722900-1363623529_thumb.jp

Just to add , everything else is working fine .. apparently the rev part of the cluster went like that after a flat battery ?   just added a new battery also and its just sitting in the same place 

• 2 weeks later...

You would need a new cluster, you can not fit a second hand unit.  The immobiliser is also part of the instrument cluster so you would immobilise your car if you fitted one without coding.

Tech