No power steering

Taza

Guys please help,car has been running fine but for the few days been a pain to start,only since the dark nights,this morning just about started drove to work with lights on,but when I finished work it would not start battery dead,so I carry a battery pack and it started no problem,But the power steering alarm on the dash came on and was like driving a tank home.

When I got home and engine running I checked voltage at the battery to check alternator 14.5 volts,so decided to buy new battery,fitted battery car starts ok but still have steering warning lamp on dash.

Any help appreciated

Turn the steering into the lock one way (engine running) then all the way back the other way into the lock.  Hold it in lock position for a couple of seconds either way, it should be fine then.  The power assistance has not gone completely or you would not be able to drive it, it has just gone into a default emergency mode.  This is because it has lost its basic setting and it does not know its end stops due to the battery going flat.

Let me know if it works.

Tech

Right OK it sounds like a few more basic settings have been lost other than the usual steering angle setting.  I'm afraid its going to have to go to Audi for their diagnostic equipment connecting and an adaption drive carrying out.  Soz I can't help more.

Tech