Audi a1 1.4 TFSI auto stronic gearbox

Hi I was looking for some advise in regards to the stronic gearbox’s I’ve had some problems with a friend of mine it has already had the metronic unit replaced prior to purchasing but recently the car had started crunching in to get then gradually got worse and the other day stopped selecting gears then would work again after a while. Changed the gearbox oil today used genuine oil upon draining the old oil out there was very minimal oil in it would say about 100ml. After changing the oil I went to to test the vehicle and it still has the same fault where I will drive it will select 1st 2nd and 3rd gear fine then it will increase speed go to change in to 4th then the gearbox light will come on and it will stick in first gear then pull over switch off and on again then it is fine but then will repeat the same fault any advise on what to check or change next would be appreciated. I do have a suspicion that it could have completely ruined the gearbox driving it with next to no oil in but if there’s anything cheaper to check before getting in to replacing the box I will happily give it a go. Thanks in advance 

Running it with barely any oil will more than likely knackered it. Have you checked for leaks? 

As it shouldn't be low unless there's a leak. 

• Like 1