Q7 Heating Problem

The Sat Diver

Hi Guys..

Can anyone assist with this ..

On starting and initial 30 minutes driving..  the passenger heating system works perfectly .. but after that the whole passenger side reverses itself and when I turn the heating to Low it blasts out very hot air from the middle dashboard vent and if I turn it all the way up to Hi max heat it blows cold ???? .. anyone any ideas

Had a similar problem on a Merc that was a temperature sensor

Any help would be appreciated and hope you all have a great New year

Cheers

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all..

Just to enlarge on the heating problem with my Q7... took it in to the Audi Main Dealer for a diagnostics check.. and yes your correct it is the Flap Motors..

2 of them on the passenger side which are the temperature & air recirculation... Audi are qoting me £90 + VAT which I can easily live with however the sting

comes when Audi need 12 hours to do the job at £120 + vat = £1,728 plus the motors = £1944 so I may as well get all the flap motors done at the same time

just in case another of them go down and I have to dismantle the dashboard again   

Now I know some of you might say.. well big car big money serves me right and I agree.. however the point I am making is that this motor only has 80k on the

clock and it has just been in to the same main dealer 3 months ago for 6 new Injectors which cost a fortune ... this isn't quite the Audi experience I expected ..

so i'm defecting.. I've had two X5's in the past and they were faultless so i'm heading back in BMW's direction..